Tuesday, January 6, 2009

You Can Run But You Can't Hide

Why don't they tell how many calories running burns PER SECOND? Why do they say it burns 900 calories PER HOUR? Who can run for an hour? I know that one of the keys to success is visualizing yourself as successful so while I am walking for exercise I picture myself as slim and attractive. Then I get so carried away sometimes I want to run and reach my goal and be athletic... and I go for ten feet. Then I stop and wonder if any cars saw that embarrassing display of energy.



They say you need to visualize yourself as reaching your goal so I picture the women that I believe are the epitome of beauty. Elizabeth Taylor, Farah Fawcett and Pamela Anderson are three of my favorites.



So then I run... and quickly run out of breath and have to stop... and then cold, harsh reality comes to mind. Beauty is fleeting.








When is this madness going to end?

This reminds me of Gerald Brewer whose wife's heart was set on getting a new sportscar for her 50th birthday. She kept hinting and hinting and he kept trying to explain to her that they really could not afford such an expense. She kept on telling him exactly the kind of sportscar she wanted and even said she wanted a red one. He kept telling her how it would not fit in their budget. Finally, the day before her birthday, she blew her top out of frustration and angrily yelled, "I'd better walk out to the driveway and there'd better be something in candy apple red that goes from 0 to 200 in 5 seconds!"

The morning of her birthday, she woke up excitedly and ran out to the driveway. There was a small box on the driveway that she quickly tore open. She gasped when she saw what her husband got her. On the driveway was a shiny new red bathroom scale.

Funeral arrangements are pending.

No comments:

Post a Comment