Monday, January 5, 2009

South Padre Island Market Days 2009

One of the nicest things I heard recently was, "I love your blog and wish there was more stuff to do where I lived like where you live." South Padre Island is a magical place. We can make TWO buildings seem to float in mid-air.























Just kidding, the fog means that the cold air that is not indigenous to this area was having a conflict of interest with the normally beautiful weather and they were having a tug-of-war in the atmosphere. Like my scientific explanation?


This day led me to Market Days, a wonderful celebration of colors and neat things to see all placed conveniently in one large building with an incredibly affordable entrance fee. Outside there were food booths offering all kinds of good food.







The booths were beautifully decorated.













Several people were captivated by this man's knowledge.


















There were many books on many types of treasures.






































To the aptly named coin shirts that looked like childrens' shirts with a width of 7" but stretched to adult sizes.

























Another really neat product I found there were these comfortable sandals with interchangeable tops. They had snaps on the side that allowed for changes to match whatever your desire was.




There was an array of different tops for different outfits, moods, seasons, etc.




These gel-filled insoles seemed like the perfect product for a waitress, a nurse or anyone who realizes that your feet need to be cared for just like any other part of your body.















This foot thong is so sexy.





But the most fun I had was when I went past a booth SIMILAR TO this one.


unmanned...



There was a man sitting behind a table so I assumed that he was with that company and we struck up a conversation. He said he was just resting as many men were dragged there by their wives. That empty chair next to him seemed so inviting, I joined him and rested my tired feet as well. A man came by and we offered him a dolphin watch trip with guaranteed mermaid sightings and other fantastic things but it didn't work. He had seen me excitedly join the man behind the table and knew we were just joshing him. When I got up, he took my place in the fun chair offering mermaid sighting trips to other tired husbands. It was fun laughing like that and I left with a smile on my face loving that I can meet people who like to have fun like that without being so serious all the time. I love seeing cool things and meeting fun people like that. This is the season of the Winter Texan and I love it! They are filled with so many fun tales of adventure, really funny marriage tales, silly antics and just plain knowledge. I hope that someday Texas is a real contender for the retirement community and I see now that more and more older people are realizing that this is a good place to come enjoy life because of the weather, cost of living, beautiful genuinely good people and great food. I love it here and hope that more people around the world see what a beautiful place this is.

No comments:

Post a Comment