Monday, January 26, 2009

South Padre Island Farmer's Market

I am so proud of the produce down here, maybe because I grew up on one of the farms here that has delightful rich-smelling soil and produces crop after crop of whatever you ask of the earth that when someone mockingly said, "Hey, check out our fresh vegetables. It's all we got down here," it bothered me. I love to cook and eat and consider both a great pleasure. As a cook, I appreciate the beauty of the produce here. Can you find a better specimen of cauliflower than these that I found yesterday?


















A diet rich in vegetables and fresh fruits helps you live longer and feel better.

















Having fresh produce allows for such more variety and beauty in a menu.
This sandwich was made with fresh tomatoes, onions and spinach.



1 comment:

  1. I am spending what I hope will be my last winter in the Northwest. (Seattle). I have so enjoyed reading your posts and viewing your wonderful pictures. Keep them coming!! http://izzysworld.vox.com/ Izzy P.

    ReplyDelete