Saturday, January 10, 2009

25th Annual Causeway Run/Walk Part II

The long line of participants snaked over the bridge. It looked amazing.





I had always wanted to take a picture of the water from the top of that bridge.


I couldn't get over the fact that I was where I had wanted to be but couldn't because it was illegal at all other times of the year.



Many mothers took their babies in strollers. Walking is a great safe way to lose that baby fat.




Well, safe if you stay within the lines.



There were all kinds of wheels being used.



Everyone had their own pace, their own thing going on, their own thoughts, and their own friends but we all traveled as ONE group. Kind of like us through life.



When you look at how we all travel through life as a group yet as an individual you can see how metaphoric this trip is.



I wasn't the only one who thought being able to look down from the bridge was a cool thing.



Then I noticed everyone had stopped.



Everyone's attention was on the water to the left of us.



People started clicking away with their cameras because... there she was...

Nessie...



Okay, three dolphins came out to perform and played and flipped in the water for all of us. It was a majestical moment we all shared as a group.

Finally, you could see land.. the island.. our beautiful South Padre Island and I knew my goal was soon to be met.



I had done it! I had walked across the causeway and my finish line was soon to be reached.

The golden arches actually glowed for me today!


There was only one casualty and I think all they wanted was some CPR from a cute Island cop... or maybe the Coast Guard guys??



Sadly, the fog and cold weather rolled in... blanketing the area and I completely lost the tops of the Sapphire Twin Towers to the thick mist. Not even fog can roll onto the island without being all dramatic and making a scene. Til tomorrow's adventures, folks, good night!


No comments:

Post a Comment