Saturday, January 10, 2009

25th Annual Causeway Run/Walk Part I

Today, Port Isabel, a quaint town on the southernmost tip of Texas, saw hundreds upon hundreds of people participate in the 25th Annual Causeway Walk/Run.



People of all ages and from all over the US gathered to walk and run over the longest bridge in Texas.



This guy thought he was fast, but he wasn't fast enough to beat these walkers to HIS seat at the busstop.




This is my kind of athlete.



This guy earned his shirt; you HAD to respect that.


When I saw these guys, I knew there would be some SERIOUS runners there.


They told me they were from Kenya. I don't think the white guy came from Kenya though. Maybe he was their manager.



This guy had some really nice shoes.



This guy, too, had really nice looking... shoes.


This friendly couple has been participating in this race/walk three years in a row. They pay in the mail. That is why their shirt numbers were so low. They left 15 degree weather to come enjoy our 85 degree (usually) weather and our beautiful beaches.



This lady chose the wrong time to pull out of that alley.



She was going to have a loooooong wait.



This guy was wanting YOU! to go see him at the Lincoln Bookstore at 103 Maxan Street where they have many interesting books, antiques and collectibles. I have gotten some really cool stuff there and their merchandise is guaranteed to take you back in time.
The beautiful sunny sky began to get crowded out by the gray clouds and I wondered how bad it would get as we traveled along the course.

I figured that at 10 dollars (at least) a pop, 1500 participants adds up to a kajillion dollars to the chamber's coffers. They created something that everyone could participate in and that is a great thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment